This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gomp] RFC: GOMP_CPU_AFFINITY
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 09:34:29 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gomp] RFC: GOMP_CPU_AFFINITY
- References: <20060519153701.GL13709@devserv.devel.redhat.com>
On May 19, 2006, at 8:37 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
The patch as is immediately binds the initial thread to the first
the list if the env var is set, an alternative perhaps could be to
that when the initial thread enters a parallel region and reset it
old affinity mask when it leaves it, what do you think?
Too late for 4.2.0. Other than that I think it is not that useful
since you should let the OS handle the threads on the CPUs instead since
it might interfere with my and other work to get GOMP working for across
SPUs and the Cell.