This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: g++ testing problem (check_cxa_atexit_available)
- From: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 14:58:07 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: g++ testing problem (check_cxa_atexit_available)
Following up to my own email, it looks like I didn't break
check_cxa_atexit_available, but that it has been broken for a while.
I ran the GCC 4.1 libstdc++-v3 testsuite on a Linux box that has
__cxa_atexit and the following tests were reported as unsupported:
The reason they get reported as UNSUPPORTED (I believe) is that I
don't have libstdc++.so.6 installed in my /usr/lib directory and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not being used to find the just-built one. Thus
the test program that check_cxa_atexit_available builds fails to run
and the test harness thinks that means that __cxa_atexit is not
implemented correctly when in fact it is.
I still don't know how to fix this though so any advise would be