This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Require GMP 4.2 and MPFR 2.2
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 09:03:10 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Require GMP 4.2 and MPFR 2.2
- References: <20060429181014.B467811003D@bromo.msbb.uc.edu> <20060429193738.GA60387@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 04:03:54PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, Steve Kargl wrote:
> > 2006-04-29 Steven G. Kargl <email@example.com>
> > * configure.in: Require MPFR 2.2 or newer for gfortran. Raise
> > the require on GMP to 4.1
> > * configure: Regenerated.
> > * gcc/doc/install.texi: Document the new requirements.
> I believe the configure changes are still awaiting review, but the
> install.texi changes describe the current requirements so I suggest
> to go ahead and commit this part.
Actually, the install.texi changes describe the requirements
if you apply my configure.in patch. Otherwise, I believe that
there are no requirements other than "If it works for me, then
don't fix it because I don't want to upgrade to the new and
improved GMP and MPFR".