This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: Add pipeline description for Mips R10K-series
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at apple dot com>
- To: Kumba <kumba at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Ralf Baechle <ralf at linux-mips dot org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:16:29 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: Add pipeline description for Mips R10K-series
- References: <43A8ED79.firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Not even close to knowing what to do for COST_N_INSNS or how to
calculate these values correctly. Is there a known formula out
there that simply needs values plugged in to get an average value?
Haven't read most of the rest of the patch, but for this I usually
use the instruction
latency given in the manual for the processor. That's where you'll
some differences between the processors.