This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH] release defs of a statement when removing statement for ever
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:06:36 -0400
- Subject: [PATCH] release defs of a statement when removing statement for ever
Here is the patch which I promised in
This add release_defs after the bsi_remove which removes the statement
This actually gives about a 5% increase in reuse of SSA_NAMEs in PR
OK or should I change bsi_remove to take an extra argument to tell
we are removing the statement and not moving it anywhere. This was
and tested on powerpc-darwin with no regressions.
* tree-ssa-forwprop.c (forward_propagate_into_cond): Call release_defs
* tree-ssa-loop-ivopts.c (remove_statement): If removing the defined
* tree-ssa-pre.c (remove_dead_inserted_code): Call release_defs after
* tree-vrp.c (remove_range_assertions): Likewise.
Description: Text document