This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR rtl-optimization/23241
- From: "Eric Botcazou" <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: "Roger Sayle" <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>,"Josh Conner" <jconner at apple dot com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:09:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR rtl-optimization/23241
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > 2005-08-08 Josh Conner <email@example.com>
> > PR 23241
> > * combine.c (simplify_comparison): Fix error in determining
> > whether to lift a subreg from comparison.
> Many thanks to Eric to confirming that this fix is fine by him.
Sorry about the typo, Roger (I took the liberty to tell Josh to CC you
because you reviewed the patch and thus, presumably, still have some
recollection of it).
For the records, the second part of the condition (after the ||) is modelled
on the second sub-part of the first part of the condition, with one more bit
of control. So mode_width becomes with mode_width-1, as Josh came up with.
> This is OK for mainline and the 4.0 and 3.4 branches (under the
> usual check-in rules). I believe (according to GCC home page)
> that the 3.3 branch is now officially closed.
I think the Debian folks may want the fix for the 3.3 branch. But they
certainly can backport it themselves.