This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] [autovect patch] Implement vectorization hints
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>,Devang Patel <dpatel at apple dot com>,zack at codesourcery dot com,joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:49:48 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC] [autovect patch] Implement vectorization hints
- Organization: CodeSourcery
- References: <B397FD6A-85F5-42B2-8F66-E2BF57641F31@apple.com> <email@example.com>
On Sunday 27 February 2005 11:26, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> On Friday 25 February 2005 01:27, Devang Patel wrote:
> > This patch implements two #pragmas that developers can use to give
> > hints to auto vectorization pass. These pragmas are inserted in the
> > source file before the loop. They are effective only on the very next
> > loop in the source file.
> I was especially interested in understanding how you preserve the
> information from the #pragma through the parser and the first steps
> of the optimizers. This is a "feature" we need for other pragmas
> as well, such as pragmas to control unrolling, OpenMP, and the ia64
> _USE_SF pragma.
This would also be useful for the fortran frontend where language semantics
provide additional guarantees.