This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Tweak for constrain_operands
- From: bernds_cb1 at t-online dot de (Bernd Schmidt)
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:14:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] Tweak for constrain_operands
- References: <email@example.com>
Steven Bosscher wrote:
There is no need to look for earlyclobber classes if we did
not see an '&' constraint. We also do not have to look at
all operands from 0 to n_operands - just remember where we
saw the '&'. This gives me about half a percent on all the
components of cc1. Not surprising because for the i386 and
rs6000 ports only ~10% of all insns have an earlyclobber
Bootstrapped and tested on x86_64-suse-linux-gnu. OK?
Looks reasonable enough, although I'm surprised it makes such a
difference (and I can reproduce only about a .2% speedup on i686-linux).
Ok, but please post a ChangeLog entry next time.