This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR15791 (final)
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenth at tat dot physik dot uni-tuebingen dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:49:55 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR15791 (final)
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Richard Guenther wrote:
> Ok for mainline? (If yes, please commit)
This is OK for mainline. I've applied it to mainline CVS, after
double checking that it also bootstraps and regression tests
without problems on i686-pc-linux-gnu. The ChangeLog entry
required a few cosmetic changes though:
> 2005-Jan-28 Richard Guenther <email@example.com>
> PR tree-optimization/15791
> * fold-const.c (extract_array_ref): new function.
> (fold): fold comparisons between &a[i] and &a[j] or
> semantically equivalent trees.
> testsuite/gcc.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-1.c: new testcase.
> testsuite/gcc.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-2.c: likewise.
> testsuite/gcc.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-3.c: likewise.
> testsuite/gcc.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-4.c: likewise.
> testsuite/gcc.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-5.c: likewise.
> testsuite/g++.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-1.C: likewise.
> testsuite/g++.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-2.C: likewise.
> testsuite/g++.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-3.C: likewise.
> testsuite/g++.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-4.C: likewise.
> testsuite/g++.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-5.C: likewise.
The date should be YYYY-MM-DD, i.e. 2005-01-28. There should be
two spaces between date and name, and two spaces between name and
the e-mail address. ChangeLog text should be treated like a full
sentence; begin with a capital letter after the ":" and end with a
period/full-stop. Changes to each file should begin on a line that
starts with an asterisk. The filenames should be relative to the
directory containing the ChangeLog file, so the "testsuite/..."
prefix above is unnecessary.
This is the ChangeLog entry I used:
2005-01-29 Richard Guenther <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* fold-const.c (extract_array_ref): New function.
(fold): Fold comparisons between &a[i] and &a[j] or
semantically equivalent trees.
* gcc.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-1.c: New testcase.
* gcc.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-2.c: Likewise.
* gcc.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-3.c: Likewise.
* gcc.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-4.c: Likewise.
* gcc.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-5.c: Likewise.
* g++.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-1.C: Likewise.
* g++.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-2.C: Likewise.
* g++.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-3.C: Likewise.
* g++.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-4.C: Likewise.
* g++.dg/tree-ssa/pr15791-5.C: Likewise.
Many thanks for fixing this.