This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: mostly fix 14329, except for c++
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:34:51 -0500
- Subject: Re: mostly fix 14329, except for c++
- References: <20050127093158.GA7449@redhat.com> <email@example.com>
On Jan 28, 2005, at 4:30 PM, Geoffrey Keating wrote:
Richard Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
The DECL_DEBUG_EXPR/DECL_DEBUG_EXPR_IS_FROM is enough to generate
both proper warnings and proper debug info from the SRA optimized
code. Not that this actually does generate proper debug info,
but in principal the information is now present.
For some reason, the "obvious" changes to the C++ front end pretty
printer (in attachment 2 below) do not work. Zillions of testsuite
failures due to crashes in this code. I'll let a C++ person fix it.
Tested on alphaev67-linux.
Is there any way to do this that doesn't involve adding a field to
tree_decl and so slowing the compiler down? Every field is worth
about 0.5%, I think.
We had just removed two pointers from tree_decl so really there will be
slow down from that point.