This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] Unify member pointer to member function pointer
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Doug Gregor <dgregor at cs dot indiana dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:23:36 -0800
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] Unify member pointer to member function pointer
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <0BB1FFD9-6B03-11D9-8E9B-000A95B0EC64@cs.indiana.edu>
Doug Gregor wrote:
This patch for mainline CVS allows unification between a member
pointer and a member function pointer, as required by section 8.3.3 of
the C++ standard. It fixes the attached test case and one that has been
XFAIL'd forever (g++.old-deja/g++.pt/memptr5.C).
Your patch is correct.
However, I can't tell if you have a copyright assignment on file.
(I don't seem to have access to the FSF assignment information; is there
someone else who can check to seee if Doug has paperwork on file?)
Have you submitted paperwork to the FSF? If you have not, then we
cannot include the patch. And, worse yet, now that I've looked at it, I
probably can't fix the bug myself...