This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Speedup CSE by 5%
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: bernds_cb1 at t-online dot de
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Jan 05 11:35:20 EST
- Subject: Re: Speedup CSE by 5%
I'd be surprised if that was the case; all the RTL that CSE gets to
see should have been on the same function_obstack, and looking at the
version in 2.7.2 CSE doesn't seem to play any obstack switching games.
I agree it doesn't *seem* to and there isn't an obvious sharing problem
either. But there was *some* reason why that copy_rtx was needed. A quote
from Sherlock Holmes comes to mind.
But the fact that there *was* a problem doesn't mean there still is.
I'd be in favor of removing it and seeing what, if anything, breaks.