This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Speedup CSE by 5%
- From: bernds_cb1 at t-online dot de (Bernd Schmidt)
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:43:45 +0000
- Subject: Re: Speedup CSE by 5%
- References: <10501271512.AA00104@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
Richard Kenner wrote:
One possibility is that it's not sharing at all, but a concern
that something is in the wrong obstack. If that's so, then it's not a current
issue at all.
I'd be surprised if that was the case; all the RTL that CSE gets to see
should have been on the same function_obstack, and looking at the
version in 2.7.2 CSE doesn't seem to play any obstack switching games.