This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix alias problems in PR19633
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:24:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: Fix alias problems in PR19633
- Organization: SUSE Labs
- References: <20050127044959.GA20743@topo.toronto.redhat.com>
On Thursday 27 January 2005 05:49, Diego Novillo wrote:
> Unfortunately this still doesn't fix the PR. In
> suitable_for_tail_call_opt_p we are returning false if any
> argument is TREE_ADDRESSABLE. That's related to two other PRs
> and apparently not fixable until 4.1. (I don't have details, rth
> seems to know about this limitation).
This was added (by me) just a few days ago to fix the other two
bugs conservatively because you said you would not fix PR19633
for GCC 4.0 ;-)
I could look into this again, the patch is basically there.