This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR debug/19345
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:00:37 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR debug/19345
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Daniel Berlin wrote:
Rather than add a null check in decl_function_context, i've simply
guarded against calling it here with null (we already were assuming it
could return null, so what's 2 null checks when you've already got 1 :P).
Everything else DTRT once we exit our if block.
Bootstrapped and regtested on i686-pc-linux-gnu. Okay for mainline?
That doesn't seem right to me, as this type is indeed local to a
function. I'd say that DECL_CONTEXT applied to the type should indeed
be a FUNCTION_DECL. That means that either TYPE_STUB_DECL should be
non-NULL (probably), or that this code should be using the original
TYPE_DECL if TYPE_STUB_DECL is NULL (probably not).