This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] testsuite/gcc.test-framework to check test directives
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:16:58 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] testsuite/gcc.test-framework to check test directives
- References: <20050127004300.GA7640@us.ibm.com>
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Janis Johnson wrote:
> This patch adds a set of tests that will probably only be used by me and
> by people testing drop-in replacements to DejaGnu for running the GCC
> testsuite. By default it is skipped, but if CHECK_TEST_FRAMEWORK is
> defined then it generates thousands of tests in the build directory and
> runs them. This is testing the testsuite infrastructure, so individual
> tests are expected to be FAIL, XFAIL, UNSUPPORTED, etc. The expected
> result is encoded in the name of the test, and an awk script checks these
> and reports results.
Would the framework for testing the testsuite infrastructure obsolete the
present tests gcc.misc-tests/dg-*?
Joseph S. Myers http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
firstname.lastname@example.org (personal mail)
email@example.com (CodeSourcery mail)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Bugzilla assignments and CCs)