This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PRE (sometimes) confuses ivopts/scev?
- From: Devang Patel <dpatel at apple dot com>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:33:06 -0800
- Subject: Re: PRE (sometimes) confuses ivopts/scev?
From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org,
Richard Guenther <rguenth at tat dot physik dot uni-tuebingen dot de>,
Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:10:42 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: PRE (sometimes) confuses ivopts/scev?
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Andrew Pinski wrote:
On Jan 26, 2005, at 10:52 AM, Daniel Berlin wrote:
However, if i attempt to fix this by adding a DCE pass after PRE, tree
if-convert screws up the cfg completely, and fails its tests anyway
yes there was a patch for this.
There were multiple problems with ifconv here, and i only remembre one
See PR 18815
These are two different problems. 18815 occurs for loops without exit
edge. The patch you remember fixes "adding a DCE pass ..." case. It is
in TCB branch. If you intend to add DCE pass then bring that patch