This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch: TLS for FR-V (FDPIC ABI)
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, aoliva at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:11:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: patch: TLS for FR-V (FDPIC ABI)
- References: <20050126000303.GA930@redhat.com>
On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 08:03:03PM -0400, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> Hi folks.
> The patch below adds support for thread-local storage to the FR-V backend
> (on the FDPIC abi). There is also an additional patch by Alex Oliva,
> related to TLS.
> (Alex, do we have a copy of the TLS FDPIC ABI on-line, to point folks to?).
> This has been tested on frv-elf under the simulator. It has also been
> tested, on a Red Hat local tree on actual hardware, and used to build
> glibc, the Linux kernel, and a few other things ;-).
> I'm committing to mainline.
I understand that port maintainers have a certain amount of latitude,
and FRV doesn't have much of a user base to worry about. But don't you
think this is a bit inappropriate for late in stage3? I know I'm
sitting on mostly complete ARM and MIPS TLS implementations for that
This is in no sense a "bug fix".