This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: fix valgrind failures 2/3
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Joern RENNECKE <joern dot rennecke at st dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:51:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: RFA: fix valgrind failures 2/3
- References: <41F6A100.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 07:41:52PM +0000, Joern RENNECKE wrote:
> The second problem was triggered when cse constant-folded a
> cast of a integer pseudo to a float, where the constant value of
> the register was known to cse.
> Zeroing out the entire struct at the start of conversion not only
> fixed the bug, it also made two later memset calls that zeroed out
> remaining bits in the significand superflous.
By any chance, didn't you trigger a valgrind bug on this?
> 2005-01-21 J"orn Rennecke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * real.c (real_from_integer): Zero out destination.