This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] tree-flow-inline.h: Remove phi_arg_from_edge.
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:25:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] tree-flow-inline.h: Remove phi_arg_from_edge.
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 03:47 -0500, Kazu Hirata wrote:
> Attached is a patch to remove phi_arg_from_edge and replace all uses
> of it with E->dest_idx.
> Before PHI nodes got lined up with edge vectors, phi_arg_from_edge
> used to compute an index of a PHI argument within a PHI node.
> Nowadays, the index is a function of an edge but not a PHI node, so it
> doesn't make sense for phi_arg_from_edge to take a PHI node as an
> argument or use gcc_assert on it.
> Tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu. OK to apply?
> Kazu Hirata
> 2005-01-22 Kazu Hirata <email@example.com>
> * tree-flow-inline.h (phi_arg_from_edge): Remove.
> * tree-flow.h: Remove the corresponding prototype.
> * tree-ssa-operands.h, tree-ssa-threadupdate.c, tree-ssa.c,
> tree-vectorizer.c: Use dest_idx instead of phi_arg_from_edge.
This is fine.