This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to fix bootstrap on hppa64-hp-hpux11.23 with HP compiler
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:35:21 -0500
- Subject: Re: Patch to fix bootstrap on hppa64-hp-hpux11.23 with HP compiler
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Jan 23, 2005, at 11:33 AM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
* It doesn't understand inline, and expects extern functions called
from unused static (inline) functions to be defined (at least at -O0
which is used for bootstrapping), yielding link errors in generator
programs where they are not. Fixed in the case of recog.h by not
defining the inline function if GENERATOR_FILE, in the case of vec.h
and bitmap.h by including the corresponding source files in the
generator programs rather than trying to specify exactly which
inline functions could be used in generator programs and
conditioning out the rest. In turn this requires a definition of
ggc_free in ggc-none.c.
Note this is also PR 18058.