This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gfortran] Fix PR 19543: Type mismatch when building logical constants
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Tobias Schlüter <tobias dot schlueter at physik dot uni-muenchen dot de>,patch <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:15:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: [gfortran] Fix PR 19543: Type mismatch when building logical constants
- Organization: CodeSourcery
- References: <41F183FB.email@example.com> <41F1876E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Friday 21 January 2005 22:51, Tobias Schlüter wrote:
> Tobias Schlüter wrote:
> > 2005-01-21 Tobias Schl"uter <email@example.com>
> > PR fortran/19543
> > * trans-const.c (gfc_conv_constant_to_tree): Give logical
> > constants the correct type.
> Putting together a testcase, I had to find out that this patch isn't
> sufficient. While the tree dumps look correct, constant merging seems to
> wreak havoc in certain cases. I'll add this information to the PR.
> Supposing this is indeed a middle-end bug, would it be a good idea to
> submit my patch anyway, so that the hypothetical middle-end hacker will not
> have to patch his Fortran compiler to get a clear view of this issue?
Yes. Patch approved (assuming it passes testing).