This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix PR bootstrap/19364
- From: Marc Espie <espie at nerim dot net>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, joel at oarcorp dot com,ralf dot corsepius at rtems dot org, nickc at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:28:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: Fix PR bootstrap/19364
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: espie at nerim dot net
On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 11:01:02PM +0100, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> Marc, 4 new macros have been added to sp64-elf.h so will affect OpenBSD:
> - #define NO_IMPLICIT_EXTERN_C: it is not mentioned in any OpenBSD file so
> I've added an #undef to sparc/openbsd64.h.
> - #define SWITCH_TAKES_ARG: harmless, it is overridden in openbsd.h.
> - #define LOCAL_LABEL_PREFIX and #define ASM_GENERATE_INTERNAL_LABEL: they are
Don't worry about openbsd sparc64, I've built stuff without sp64-elf.h.
As far as I can tell, the only stuff we need is to set
PREFERRED_DEBUGGING_TYPE to dwarf2.
The rest doesn't appear to be a bother.
Namely, I don't see any part of our system that cares about the
JUMP_TABLES_IN_TEXT_SECTION part, and I don't think anyone around
OpenBSD cares about generating code with the other endianness.
I'm currently running full tests with the system compiler (a modified
gcc 3.3.5), then I'll recheck that 4.0 is happy as well...