This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR18754: add early loop pass, 2nd try
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Giovanni Bajo <giovannibajo at libero dot it>, Richard Guenther <rguenth at tat dot physik dot uni-tuebingen dot de>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:37:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR18754: add early loop pass, 2nd try
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <004301c4fef2$2b2b3850$3fb82997@bagio> <4392652.1106258643123.JavaMail.email@example.com>
Richard Henderson wrote:
On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 02:15:53PM +0100, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
Anyhow, I guess this is a bug in the vectorizer.
No, the vectorizer works on loops. Remove the loops and there's
nothing for it to do.
I distinctly recall Dorit mentioning in her talk at the GCC Summit last
year that straight line code would also be a target for vectorization -
has that part not materialized yet ?
[ It's not very interesting for the code I'm trying to get to compile
optimally, so I just might have missed something ... ]
Toon Moene - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org - phone: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
A maintainer of GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/