This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PING: PATCH: PR objc/18408 (but really a gimplifier fix)
- From: Ziemowit Laski <zlaski at apple dot com>
- To: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <lars dot sonchocky-helldorf at hamburg dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:03:06 -0800
- Subject: Re: PING: PATCH: PR objc/18408 (but really a gimplifier fix)
- References: <0A6CE0E2-6BA6-11D9-A437-000393CBC4B6@hamburg.de>
On 21 Jan 2005, at 4.14, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
Does that mean - in other words - gcc-4.0 will be of no use for the
GNUstep people or will you provide an interim fix?
The interim fix is the one that we're currently discussing (and which
has been rejected).
And isn't there another interim solution possible, maybe one that
doesn't depend on tweaking the gimplifier?
Not that I know of...
(Btw. are FIXMEs an absolute no-go in GCC? I mean putting in a
"solution" that is there only as a temporary band-aid but clearly
marked as such is o.k. for most of the projects I know)
You'd have to ask the global write maintainers. FWIW, I don't see a
problem with it...