This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [rfc] slightly better reload constant rematerialization
- From: bernds_cb1 at t-online dot de (Bernd Schmidt)
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:04:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: [rfc] slightly better reload constant rematerialization
- References: <20050120034538.GA14946@redhat.com>
First, we havn't collected reg_equiv_constant at the time we run
How hard would it be to fix that? Maybe we can move update_equiv_regs
before regclass, then look for registers that are equivalent to a
constant, and use that information to determine register class preferences.
Addressing this in reload has the drawback that a register will be
wasted to hold the constant which could be better used for something else.