This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] [PR19508] Do not apply attributes to template parms
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: "Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo at libero dot it>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 20 Jan 2005 17:54:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] [PR19508] Do not apply attributes to template parms
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <00aa01c4fef8$fee1c550$3fb82997@bagio>
"Giovanni Bajo" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| I ended up with this patch, which just avoids to apply the attributes to a
| TEMPLATE_TYPE_PARM, and also warns the user about the attribute being ignored.
| I am using a warning() rather than a sorry(), but I am not sure it is the right
We sorry() for things we don't implement or implement incorrectly.
That gives the user a clue that it is not her fault and yes we're
aware of the deficiency in that area.