This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Speed up for_each_rtx
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:52:00 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Speed up for_each_rtx
- References: <41EFAC3B.email@example.com>
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> (I'll point out once more that a long time in bootstrap is spent in ld
> -- about 8 minutes).
You need enough memory so that the .o files for libjava can be cached
(i.e. while linking there shouldn't be too much head thrashing, otherwise
you have not enough).
And you need not-too-old versions of binutils, otherwise the merging of
strings (of which there are many for debuggable objects and even without)
For me libgcj.so links in about 24 seconds.