This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Disable tree-ssa DSE for now
- From: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: zack at codesourcery dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:39:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] Disable tree-ssa DSE for now
- References: <10501192129.AA16474@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
- Reply-to: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
On Wed, 19 Jan 05 16:29:50 EST, Richard Kenner
> Order of 100 dead store eliminations, out of the entire GCC source
> base, does not sound like an optimization that's pulling its weight.
> I am in favor of turning this off for 4.0.
> Likewise. And that's a best case, because *some* of those would have been
> eliminated by the RTL optimizers.
Instead of the 0 && ... sledgehammer, can we just turn DSE off by default?