This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] FOR_EACH_RTX construct to replace for_each_rtx
- From: bernds_cb1 at t-online dot de (Bernd Schmidt)
- To: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:19:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] FOR_EACH_RTX construct to replace for_each_rtx
- References: <41EE99B0.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Paolo Bonzini wrote:
This patch achieves a good speedup on bootstrap (all languages):
The macro still looks rather heavyweight. Before for_each_rtx existed,
we used to have lots of functions walking rtl recursively themselves.
Have you tried whether going back to that idiom would speed things up
even further? If yes, maybe we should keep using for_each_rtx in places
that aren't performance critical, and explicit rtl walking otherwise.