This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Committed: fix gcc.dg/asm-a.c dg-require-effective-target order
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:25:16 -0500
- Subject: Re: Committed: fix gcc.dg/asm-a.c dg-require-effective-target order
- References: <Pine.BSF.email@example.com> <20050119212306.GA6235@us.ibm.com>
On Jan 19, 2005, at 4:23 PM, Janis Johnson wrote:
On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 04:16:27PM -0500, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
Spotted because this test failed for mmix-knuth-mmixware, while
clearly indicated that the ilp32 test was executed and worked.
dg-require-effective-target command must be specified *after* the
target. Committed as obvious.
I don't see it as being documented as a requirement, though.
Perhaps the order dependence is a bug?
It is a requirement, and will be documented as soon as I rewrite some
things that Gerald pointed out were not very clear. In the meantime,
Next time I will read this documentation.
Sorry for the testcase which was failing.
Hans-Peter thanks for fixing it, I really should have read that before
using stuff which I don't know.