This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Disable tree-ssa DSE for now
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: zack at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 19 Jan 05 16:29:50 EST
- Subject: Re: [patch] Disable tree-ssa DSE for now
Order of 100 dead store eliminations, out of the entire GCC source
base, does not sound like an optimization that's pulling its weight.
I am in favor of turning this off for 4.0.
Likewise. And that's a best case, because *some* of those would have been
eliminated by the RTL optimizers.