This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Committed: fix gcc.dg/asm-a.c dg-require-effective-target order
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:23:06 -0800
- Subject: Re: Committed: fix gcc.dg/asm-a.c dg-require-effective-target order
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 04:16:27PM -0500, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> Spotted because this test failed for mmix-knuth-mmixware, while gcc.log
> clearly indicated that the ilp32 test was executed and worked. Apparently
> dg-require-effective-target command must be specified *after* the dg-do
> target. Committed as obvious.
> I don't see it as being documented as a requirement, though.
> Perhaps the order dependence is a bug?
It is a requirement, and will be documented as soon as I rewrite some
things that Gerald pointed out were not very clear. In the meantime,