This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] tree-cfg.c: Check that a nonlocal label doesn't appearin the middle of a basic block.
- From: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dvorakz at suse dot cz, dnovillo at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:49:24 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [RFC] tree-cfg.c: Check that a nonlocal label doesn't appearin the middle of a basic block.
- References: <email@example.com><20050119184009.GA8144@redhat.com>
> > Note that we don't consider a nonlocal label to be appearing in the
> > middle of a basic block if all the statements before the label are
> > also nonlocal labels.
> That would be buggy. Recall that rtl emits code at each
> non-local label. That is why we cannot fallthru to any
> block that contains a non-local label, nor can we merge them.
Oops. I guess I wrote my patch right but described it wrong. I
actually misread stmt_starts_bb_p. :-(
My patch should be right because all it does it to call
stmt_starts_bb_p for each label to make sure that it returns false for
all labels after the first one.