This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] tree-cfg.c: Check that a nonlocal label doesn't appear in the middle of a basic block.
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dvorakz at suse dot cz, dnovillo at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:40:09 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC] tree-cfg.c: Check that a nonlocal label doesn't appear in the middle of a basic block.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 12:00:30AM -0500, Kazu Hirata wrote:
> Note that we don't consider a nonlocal label to be appearing in the
> middle of a basic block if all the statements before the label are
> also nonlocal labels.
That would be buggy. Recall that rtl emits code at each
non-local label. That is why we cannot fallthru to any
block that contains a non-local label, nor can we merge them.