This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Update config.gcc for sparc-elf target use of sol2 headers/files
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org,rth at redhat dot com, davem at redhat dot com, jakub at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:36:16 -0500
- Subject: Re: Update config.gcc for sparc-elf target use of sol2 headers/files
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 07:22:44PM +0100, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> Hi Nick,
> > A toolchain configured as "--target=sparc-elf" will not build in the
> > current mainline sources because of the lack of the function
> > solaris_insert_attributes().
> PR bootstrap/19364. Please mention this reference in any checkins.
> > It seems to me that there are two ways to solve this problem -
> > remove the inclusion of sparc/sol2.h for the sparc-elf target or
> > else add the inclusion of the config/sol2.c file. I am proposing
> > the latter and I would like to ask for permission to apply this
> > patch ?
> That's clearly *not* the way to go: the dependencies on sol2.* files for
> non-Solaris targets are just plain wrong. They will have to be disentangled
> at some point.
> I'm not really sure what to do for 4.0.x: maybe duplicate sparc/sol2.h
> entirely for the embedded targets and remove the offending bits there.
That sounds like a good approach.