This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [committed] Fix IRIX fallout from Solaris mklibgcc changes
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org,mark at codesourcery dot com,zack at codesourcery dot com,joseph at codesourcery dot com,dje at watson dot ibm dot com,amodra at bigpond dot net dot au,David dot Billinghurst at riotinto dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:45:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: [committed] Fix IRIX fallout from Solaris mklibgcc changes
- References: <email@example.com>
> As reported a few weeks ago, the Solaris mklibgcc changes broke
> execution testing for the non-default IRIX multilibs.
It was not for Solaris, it was for Darwin. The proof is, Solaris is still as
broken as IRIX was before your patch: we have not been able to do
multilib testing since then. Clearly having multiple librairies with the same
soname in the same directory is really problematic.
I've opened PR other/19525 to track the breakage.
> Tested on mips-sgi-irix6.5, applied to head. I realise that the patch
> is a kludge, but it was very difficult to test IRIX stuff with things
> as they stood, and I wanted to fix that ASAP. Like I say, I'm happy
> to revisit this if there's consensus on what the Right Way is.
I guess I'll need to resort to the same trick on Solaris, barring any
resolution in the near future. The problem is that the two linkers don't
share the same configuration file so a new file gnu-ld-on-solaris will
probably be needed only to add the kludge.