This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Disable tree-ssa DSE for now
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:43:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] Disable tree-ssa DSE for now
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <41EDCA24.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 21:47 -0500, Diego Novillo wrote:
> Steven Bosscher wrote:
> > Thoughts?
> Well, given your analysis, disabling it is not a bad idea. OTOH, DSE
> doesn't take a long time to run, does it? I don't think I've ever
> noticed it.
Also note that DSE is able to eliminate some stores that the RTL
optimizers are unable to eliminate.
> Jeff, maybe there's a couple of things we can do for 4.0? And then do a
> complete rewrite for 4.1.
I'm certainly open to that.