This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch to tree-profiling branch to do escape type analysis.
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Hubicha, Jan" <jh at suse dot cz>, "Tice, Caroline" <ctice at apple dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:45:20 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: patch to tree-profiling branch to do escape type analysis.
- References: <41ED67F7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Kenneth Zadeck wrote:
Tested on darwin. There are 4 new regressions with this patch. All of them
are instances of a known problem with the vectorizer that this patch happens
Just to followup, the way we lower the new MEM_REF operation causes PRE to
eliminate some redundancies in these tests it didn't before.
In a few of the cases, it hits the "PRE creates induction variable" bug
that i have a patch waiting for 4.1 for
In the others, it hits the invariant phi blocks vectorization problem
Dorit says she has a patch for.
I'm also finishing the documentation stuff for the new MEM_REF operation
that this patch includes, i'll commit it when it's done.
Then i'll start pushing MEM_REF through till the optimizations that can
benefit from it, lower it, then rerun the redundancy elimination optimizers.