This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ lexical analysis rework
- From: Paul Schlie <schlie at comcast dot net>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>,Matt Austern <matt at lafstern dot org>,Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>,Steve Naroff <snaroff at apple dot com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 01:07:26 -0500
- Subject: Re: C++ lexical analysis rework
> From: Eric Botcazou <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> Although other targets may still depend on stabs for quite a while?
> I'm only a SPARC maintainer and most SPARC targets have switched to DWARF-2 as
> far as I know (the only big name left is OpenBSD). If the biggest user of
> STABS (Apple) and the C++ maintainers are fine with the change, so am I.
Was also thinking of "smaller name" users of GCC/GDB for possibly embedded
development who would benefit from the stabs debug line correlation being
maintained. (but understand your perspective and care-abouts)