This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ lexical analysis rework
- From: Paul Schlie <schlie at comcast dot net>
- To: <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>,Matt Austern <matt at lafstern dot org>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>,Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>,Steve Naroff <snaroff at apple dot com>
- Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:43:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: C++ lexical analysis rework
>> You mean my email about source location? I wouldn't call that
>> something I was working on; more just some ideas about things that
>> might be a good idea to work on later. I certainly wasn't imagining it
>> for 4.0.
>> And yes, I agree with you that cp_lexer_set_source_position_from_token
>> is the right place to do this. The only slightly tricky part is making
>> sure that the tests don't slow things down.
> Note that I personally don't care that much about the breakage (SPARC/Solaris
> has switched to DWARF-2 for version 7 and above) and now, after the remarks
> from both of you, I don't really intend to do anything for 4.0.0, except
> filing a PR and possibly adjusting the PCH code to match the new "behaviour".
Although other targets may still depend on stabs for quite a while?