This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] rtx_cost of SUBREG
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Mark Dettinger <mdetting at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:05:46 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [Patch] rtx_cost of SUBREG
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Mark Dettinger wrote:
> 2005-01-14 Mark Dettinger <email@example.com>
> * rtlanal.c (rtx_cost): Assign cost of 0 to a SUBREG
> when modes are tieable.
This looks reasonable to me. If nobody objects in the next day
or two, feel free to go ahead and commit this to mainline.
For 4.1, I think the code in rtx_cost should be reorganized to allow
the backend's targetm.rtx_costs to override the default values of
REG and SUBREG, by merging the two "switch" statements in that
function, and always calling the target hook afterwards.