This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gfortran] patch for pr 18983 - can't write to /dev/null
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Bud Davis <bdavis9659 at comcast dot net>,"gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:03:02 +0000
- Subject: Re: [gfortran] patch for pr 18983 - can't write to /dev/null
- Organization: CodeSourcery
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wednesday 29 December 2004 09:55, Bud Davis wrote:
> the "style police" may request that the code collapses into
> (.... && ...) instead of the nested if's; no problem :):)
I prefer the nested if in this case.
Putting function calls with side-effects in [large] conditionals is IMHO a bad
> 2004-12-30 Bud Davis <email@example.com>
> PR fortran/18983
> * io/transfer.c (st_write_done): only truncate when it
> is required.