This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, i386]: Disable only appropriate x87 builtins for -mfpmath=sse
- From: Uros Bizjak <uros at kss-loka dot si>
- To: Ralf Corsepius <ralf dot corsepius at rtems dot org>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>,Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>,Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:53:47 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, i386]: Disable only appropriate x87 builtins for -mfpmath=sse
- References: <41E78834.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Unfortunatelly no, because -msoft-float implies -mno-fancy-math-387.
Every mentioned x87 insn pattern is protected by
TARGET_USE_FANCY_MATH_387 and thus disabled.
The attached patch will disable only appropriate x87 builtins for
-mfpmath=sse. There is no point to disable XFmode x87 builtins or DFmode
x87 builtins for !TARGET_SSE2, as there will be no SSE<->x87 register
shuffling in this case. Because this patch will revert Roger's patch
from 2004-11-24, I would like to hear his opinion on this alternative
approach.Could this also be the cause of