This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Let gcc bootstrap again on OpenBSD
- From: Marc Espie <espie at nerim dot net>
- To: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:00:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Let gcc bootstrap again on OpenBSD
- References: <20050113133553.GA4078@twcny.rr.com>
- Reply-to: espie at nerim dot net
On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 08:35:53AM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> + /* Configuration for an OpenBSD i386 target.
> + Copyright (C) 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> Hmm, did you write this in 1999?
> + This file is part of GNU CC.
> "This file is part of GCC".
> Please don't introduce more spurious references to "GNU CC"! Copy
> the license header from one of the many files on mainline which have
> it right.
> Fix that before committing please.
YES I did write this file in 1999! This is how much red tape and changes
and not the right version of gcc it has taken me to get this into shape
so that it is suitable to be part of the mighty GCC distribution.
Now, apart from those trifle details,
* I'D FINALLY LIKE TO HAVE THIS MESS SETTLED *
Can someone with write approval finally tell me I can, at the end, after
five years of trying on and off, when I have the free time to do, restore
OpenBSD to boostrap land in GCC ?