This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] mudflap: remove usage of builtin_frame_address
- From: Andreas Krebbel1 <KREBBEL1 at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Ulrich Weigand <Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:12:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] mudflap: remove usage of builtin_frame_address
I've found a discussion thread about that issue from 2002:
In the answer you suggested builtin_frame_address to return
frame_pointer_rtx instead of hard_frame_pointer_rtx, which
sounds like a solution which would work for s390 too. But
the thread doesn't seem to end with a solution which came into gcc.
Do you remember whether and how that issue was solved?
> I see no reason why __builtin_frame_pointer(0) doesn't just
> return frame_pointer_rtx rather than the hard frame pointer.
> Personally I think any mention of the hard frame pointer
> before reload is dodgy at best, since we don't know if it
> really exists or not.