This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] config-ml.in options with single quotes (PR bootstrap/18033)
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: dje at watson dot ibm dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:12:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] config-ml.in options with single quotes (PR bootstrap/18033)
- References: <200501122043.j0CKhkD27972@makai.watson.ibm.com>
1. Why aren't the quotes removed by normal shell processing? That's
why they're there.
2. You have an unquoted dollar sign in a shell command line:
+ \'*\') option=`echo $option | sed -e s/^\'// -e s/\'$//`