This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] for PR 19333
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk
- Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:50:30 -0800
- Subject: Re: [patch] for PR 19333
- References: <20050110085015.GA23551@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 09:50:15AM +0100, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> extern short ac;
This makes no sense. Surely it's invalid C?
Certainly *something* is missing in the front end, either via a
diagnostic, or a cast. I cannot think of any reason you should
have to deal with dereferencing incomplete types here. Or *was*
there a cast and it got lost somehow?