This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: IA-64 backend patch for -fno-omit-frame-pointer bug
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: James E Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:32:33 -0800
- Subject: Re: IA-64 backend patch for -fno-omit-frame-pointer bug
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
James E Wilson wrote:
This patch fixes a bug introduced by the patch for PR 13158, which only
shows up when -fno-omit-frame-pointer is used. This option is useless
for IA-64, but some people insist on using it, so we need to make it
work. The problem here is that we assume there is no frame pointer if
the frame size is zero, but this isn't true when -fno-omit-frame-pointer
is used, so we need to check for that also.
Mark, I'd like to install this patch and the patch for PR 13158 on the
gcc-3.4 release branch.
That's fine; we're open for general bug fixing again now.