This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][Ada] XFAIL ACATS c380004 and c953002, update and import tests from ACATS 2.5L
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: roger at eyesopen dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 05 12:32:00 EST
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][Ada] XFAIL ACATS c380004 and c953002, update and import tests from ACATS 2.5L
A pair of fixes for ACATs c380004 were posted back in May(!),
They do not fix c380004. The "fix" for that ACATS test involves a
major rewrite of the handling of protected entry families in the front
end and RTS. I use the word "fix" in quotes because no real program will
do what that ACATS test does so it's not clear that such a major rewrite
will ever be worth doing.
As I said at the time, any Gigi patch that purports to "fix" c38004 has to
be wrong because the front end really *is* generating a type whose size
overflows. So if a change makes it *not* overflow, that change must
That's why I haven't looked any more closely at these changes (which look
odd to be in any event).